A couple months ago, my coworker sent out a hilarious email about workplace birthday celebrations. "what if I want to bring cupcakes?" "that is your choice." "what if I don't want to bring anything?" "That is your choice." All the hypotheticals were answered with "That is your choice." I asked her about it, and she said it was the result of many, many years of intense therapy. I really took this to heart, like it can be my mantra now.
This morning, I realized that one of my super-conservative friends had un-friended me on facebook! And I am a little sad but at the same time ok because the first place my mind went was "That is his choice." It's my choice to support the workers of Wisconsin, just as it is his choice to hate unions. (it's also his choice not to know how facebook works, ha ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment