My trip to the doctor on Tuesday confirmed my inkling suspicion, that something is really not right with me. Turns out I have an insulin resistance problem, which I kind of thought would be the case, given that it runs strongly in my dad's family. I'd noticed some alarming things over the past year- putting on about 25 pounds, feeling heavy and sick after eating, exercising but never losing weight. I also had high blood pressure at the doctor's office, which figured into the doctor's diagnosis.
I'm meeting with her again in two weeks to get our plan of action and my new diet I have to follow :-/ I have a lot of mixed feelings about this- happy that I will feel better and be healthier, sad that I will have to think more about what I eat. She told me in the time being to lay off the desserts and to limit my coffee intake for the sake of my blood pressure. Ughhh. These are my main pleasures in life, being the solitary person that I am. Now I will be reduced to nothing more than a Cathy strip.

I'll help!! Tea it is.
ReplyDelete