I'm still enjoying the glassy white post-blizzard environment out on the street... In just a day, everything in my exterior world changed, and I'm enjoying the change in routine.
Streets are clogged, sidewalks are tunnels, and bus stops are mountains. Yesterday I quite literally had to throw myself down from a pile of snow to get into a bus (The driver had a good laugh). My 25-minute commute turned into a 2 hour ordeal.
Today my boss canceled school and offered us an office day or PTO. Of course my first inclination is always to work, so she had to talk me out of coming in. "Think about how long it will take you to get here. Is it really worth it for you to come in?" She had a good point, and so my boss successfully talked me out of working.
Storms like this are a good opportunity to reflect on how much we push ourselves. I'm always going going going, working and busing and stressing about getting to places at a certain time. It's kind of too much- we can't always be going fast, can we?
No comments:
Post a Comment